HOWFAR Issue 3: My Sisters’ Keeper
is dedicated to our unsung heroes: our mothers, sisters and daughters of Nigeria. We take a look at some of the sacrifices made for our unity and avenues created to bring awareness to issues concerning the girl child.
- Peju Alatise’s piece “The 10 year old Girl” (seen hiding behind a door, with an axe representing the law that allows grown men marry young girls)
- Aisha Yesufu (and her continuous support for good governance and the bring back our girls movement)
- Kiki Mordi’s BBC Documentary (Sex for Grades)
- Leah Sharibu
- Hashtags on rape, genital mutilation, EnoughIsEnough Nigeria and more
- We also chose to add a list of some of our heroes…With one of the Asaba Women’s Riot leaders (Nwaola Agamba) at the on top.
Our photography shoots (staged in decades) were able to attract about 31 personalities who contributed their time and faces to the project. We also had the opportunity to interview a few bright minds who added a new perspective to several topics currently trending in Nigeria. Some of the best photographers, Illustrators and designers have also contributed pieces that have enhanced the HOWFAR aesthetic.
The Poster is free for use. View the interactive poster below or click to download.